Mathias Pannier did a nice talk at the 10° Delphi Meetup in Dresden, Germany. You can find his review with the slide (both in english) in his blog.
Mathias contacted me about some specific questions the audience did.
Here's my replies.
- Is it possible to have a [MapperJSONSer('first_name')] attribute for DataSet fields?
- Not currently. It quite simple to implement but now this feature is available only for objects using RTTI attributes. Maybe in the near future this will be extended also to dataset serialition.
- Is it possible to implement a custom renderer for example for xml output?
- Sure! DMVCFramework is really opened to extensions. You can implement renders for every format you like, you are not tied to the built in.
- Which Delphi edition is required? Starter, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate?
- DMVCFramework requires Professional version, because WebBroker is available from that version upwards.
- Did You have any performance comparison?
- Yes, it is not a complete test, is just a rough test between DMVCFramework and nodejs. DMVCFramework is not running into Apache or IIS, but is using its INDY default web server so the actual performance using a real webserver are far better.
I'm planning to do more tests and as sson I'll do them, will be published here and in the facebook group.
- What about documentation?
- The framework is quite intuitive, so after read this presentation (ITDevCon2013) you can go though all the samples (which covers all the features) and you will be up&running in in an hour or so.
- However, some volenterous users, are starting to work on a more structured documentation. There will be a markdown generated site which will provide tutorial and devguide.
Still thank you to all the people which actively partecipating in this project.