Yes, this year we started to name ITDevCon, the usual event for all the best Delphi "heads" (at least in this side of the world) with a version name. So, ladies and gentleman, this will be ITDevCon 9. As usual me and my team are in charge to choose the topics and build the agenda. ITDevCon 9 will be held next October 18th, 19th in Rome (Italy), in the same location of the last year: the bit Time group headquarter in Rome!
The call for papers are officially open right now, so if you want to propose some speeches, I’ll be glad to see them.
Send your Call4Paper to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I already received some C4P, I'll reply as soon as all the tech comitee members will accept (or reject) the proposals.
As usual, for the Call4Paper I need:
- Title (for every talk)
- Abstract (for every talk)
- Difficulty level (for every talk)
- Difficulty level is a scale from 1 to 3 with the following mean: introduction, intermediate, advanced
- Speaker’s photo (at least 500x500px)
- Speaker’s profile
I’m looking forward to your proposal. The call4papers ends at Sep 16th, 2018 but if you have *VERY* interesting topic to propose, propose it… I’ll try to arrange the schedule and fit it in the agenda.
Proposals will be evaluated and the speakers will be contacted ASAP.
This year topics will be the following:
- What's new in the latest Delphi versions
- Development best practices
- Cool (dev) things that you are doing or that you did in the recent past
- Linux development
- IoT (Internet of Things) solutions
- FireMonkey platform
- MacOS development
- Windows development
- Mobile development (Android and/or iOS)
- Develop UIs for different devices (smartphones, tablets, TV, watch etc)
- Design Patterns
- OOP best practices
- Valuable Open Source Delphi Frameworks
- Delphi success cases
- Arduino, Raspberry Pi or others similar system
- Web Application with Delphi
- Integration with external systems
- TDD and Unit Tests
- Agile methodologies
- Advanced techniques to access your data
- UI, UX, optimization for mobile and desktop
- RESTful interfaces design and development
- Software architects
- Software developers
- Project managers
- IT managers
The conference web site is http://www.itdevcon.it
Up to Aug 10th you can get the ticket at the discounted early bird of 299.00 Euro. After that day the normal ticket price will be 359.00 Euro. Get it!
The full ticket includes:
- 2 conference days
- Lunches (with very good italian food ;-) )
- Coffee Breaks
- Prize Draw
For this edition we at bit Time Professionals want to give some heavy discounts to some particular situations and people.
More information about discounts at the web site.
Starting from Sep 1st you can start to tweet using the hastag #itdevcon. Using a "very" complex formula (number_of_followers * number_of_tweets), the most active/influencer conference partecipant will win a special "Twitter Contest Prize" at the end of the conference. The score will be calculated at the closing keynote, so you cannot get the prize if you don't attend the conference.
All the ITDevCon attendant can partecipate to the Photo Contest. From all the photos twitted with the \@itdevcon hastag will be extracted the best one (the judge is our official photographer Valentina). The winner will get a special prize at the end of the conference. The photo will be selected just before the closing keynote, so you cannot get the prize if you don't attend the conference.
Do you want to see a particular topic or have a suggestion for ITDevCon 9? Let me know
As usual one of the most important part of ITDevCon will be the networking between attendees. I know about great collaboration born during ITDevCon. Be there and don't miss this social opportunity!
Thank you and... see you at ITDevCon 9.