As you probably know, monday and tuesday we held 2 ITDevCon Community Workshop.
- DelphiMVCFramework architecture
- Understanting Routing
- Routes and parameters
- Action filters
- Accessing data
- Be amazed by the Mapper's features
- JSON Web Token support (JWT)
- The built-in Authentication & Authorization framework
- Serving static files
- Server Side Views (a.k.a. SSV)
- Using Push Notifications with DMVCFramework and RabbitMQ
- The built in RESTClient
- The amazing RESTAdapter (by Daniele Spinetti)
After a basic introduction about controllers, routing and renders, we give a look on all the advanced features. The people have been amazed by the framework flexibility and simplicity.
Here's some photos.
About to start...
The class during the morning session
And the end of the monday session, my friend Maurizio Del Magno brings a lot of piadinas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piadina) and offered to cook them. So, we bring some Porchetta di Ariccia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porchetta) and organized the first ITDevCon Community Dinner :-)
Here's Maurizio while is cooking the piadinas.
And this is the porchetta!
The day after, we had the workshop: "Tecniche per il multhreading" (multithreading tecniques). Have been introduced and explained all the major problems related to multithreading programming and then we show the fundamental tecniques to cope with them, including Parallel Programming Library. There were the topics.
- What's a thread?
- TThread Basics
- Synchronize background threads with the main thread: the easy way
- How to correctly destroy a thread
- When a piece of code is thread safe?
- Fundamental synchronization tools
- Critical section – TCriticalSection
- Interlocked function – TInterlocked
- Monitor – TMonitor
- Mutex – TMutex
- Events – TEvent
- The producer-consumer pattern
- Beware to the deadlock!
- The RTL thread safe classes
- Practical applications of multithreading in database programming
- Background queries
- Parallels queries
- Background HTTP requests
- The parallel programming library: TTask, TFuture and TParallel.&For
Here's some photos of the second day of workhop
The "multithreading" class
These 2 days have been very intensive, however have been a really success: lot of people, lot of good-old Delphi programmers but also a good number of younger (50%/50% more or less).\ I'm planning to organize other ITDevCon Community WorkShop in the beginning of 2017.
See you soon guys, and keep in touch!